Saturday, November 14, 2009

BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!

Ok, believe it or not...I have worked on my blog with updated info and photos. Now, hopefully I can stay committed to posting once in a while. We will see. I realize life is always going to be busy, but I really do want to find a routine again for posting more often. Ok enough about that.

Last Tuesday night was a super fun evening. Olivia, my mom, Sean & Lisa and their girls, and I all went into San Francisco to see "Wicked". It was amazing. I can't say enough about it. We bought tickets back in September. Olivia and I had been very quietly counting the days until our special night. I am so glad we went and got to experience it together. Olivia was familiar with the music (her 2nd grade teacher played the music often in class) and she kept up real well with the storyline. It was so interesting to follow the stories of the witches. The performance done by
Elphaba (the Wicked Witch of the West) was incredible. I just loved how the storyline unraveled. It ended up being quite a late night for all of us, but totally worth it (the following day was a school holiday). I hope this is a lasting memory for an almost 8 year old. I would really like to see it again sometime. We have had so much fun listening to the soundtrack.


Here we are just outside the Orpheum Theater doors. I thought it was so cute that Olivia wore her green sweater to the performance. On our way home she told me that the "Popular" scene was her favorite.

Mom, Lisa, me, Olivia, Sydney & Hannah
(photo taken by Sean)
Orpheum Theater
San Francisco, CA


6 comments:

Rachel said...

I was totally kidding when I said you should blog about it, but woo-hoo! You did it. I am glad you had a great time. It is so weird that we went on the same night!

David and Heather said...

You got me motivated Rachel! thanks
-Heather

Auntie Beth said...

Welcome back!! So glad you are blogging pics again. Looks great. I am so glad you went to see the play. How fun that would be. I still remember going into the city with Grandma, Grandpa, and Tom to see Sally Duncan in Peter Pan. I was only about 10 and remember it well so I am sure Livie will remember this night too. Miss you all-

The Allingham 6 said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun at Wicked! And I'm glad you're back on the blog! I was getting tired of seeing "April Happenings... part 1" but never part 2! :o)

Helen & Bill said...

What a fun evening! With all the "stuff you've got going, cheers to you for blogging. I love the pictures.

Karen said...

Yay for updates! It looked like a fun girls night out!