Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wet & Wild!

It was raining & pouring at our house Monday after school. It was raining so hard...we just had to go outside and enjoy it. Looking back, I have no idea why I had my kids get jackets and boots on. It would have made much more sense to put on swimsuits and flip flops! They got soaked and absolutely loved every minute of it! Derek and I watched from the dry garage. As I took pictures of the little wet maniacs, I felt grateful for this silly moment they were having together. I am grateful I get to be home with my kids and experience moments like this (even though there are days I don't feel so grateful for the opportunity).


Matty and Nathan just getting started out in the rainstorm.


Nathan loved splashing in the puddles with his new fireman rain boots and matching umbrella!

SPLISH, SPLASH!
Yes, Matty is using the princess umbrella (his BOY umbrella broke weeks ago)

They were trying to see who could make the biggest splash!

All wet and totally worth it!
(of course when we were finished, one of the kids...guess who...didn't take his clothes off in the garage and decided it was a good idea to walk through the house... leaving a small river in my hallway and living room!)

5 comments:

Karen said...

What fun! You're such a good mom to let them experience "Singin' in the Rain"!

Mattingly's Dad said...

Yeah, what a great mom you are! Enjoy those moments. The kids grow up quick :)

The Allingham 6 said...

I was just telling Jon how you and I would put on our rain boots and coats to go down and check out the creek level back on Loretto when we'd have a huge rain storm!

emily said...

WAY TOO CUTE! GOOD JOB MAMA!!!

Auntie Beth said...

How fun it is to play in the rain! I used to love it. Now I like to watch others if I can. I wish you were able to bring the kids over to play in the MUD. That is such a fun mess. The boys have a plastic snowboard they use in the valley. We hope to head to the snow soon!