Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Winter Weather??

I know we really need the rain, but we have enjoyed playing outside these last few weeks. We have spent a lot of time riding bikes, scooters, playing basketball, swinging on the rope swing, and I even busted out my rollerblades. I have been able to spend some time working on our yards as well (work that we usually can't do until the spring). The kids and my plants are a little confused about the seasons. Each morning, Nathan and I fight over his clothes. He doesn't want to wear pants because the weather is so nice by lunch time. Nathan loves wearing shorts and t-shirts (he has even got away with wearing flip flops a few days). Nathan and Derek have loved playing with Derek's car (that used to be Nate's) out in our court. It has become a daily ritual. Both of the boys are all smiles as Nathan zooms Derek around the neighborhood. Derek cries when it's time to get out. What is it with boys and their cars??

Derek & Big Brother Nathan

One happy little guy!

3 comments:

ShelbyBehr said...

We have been spending our days outside too and it is so much easier. Adam is definitely a car man as well (as I'm sitting here he is pushing a car down my leg). Derek is looking like such a big boy! Too bad for the rain today, it confuses them.

Karen said...

Can you send some of that nice weather this way? At least enough to melt all the snow in my yard? I'm so jealous!!!

Auntie Beth said...

Johnny holds the record for wearing basketball shorts to school this year. Nice weather or not! He wore long pants one day and had so many comments about it he decided to heck with it! I love the rain but I am glad we haven't had many rainy day recess days!!