Friday, November 7, 2008

A Great Night with Grandma!

Last Saturday night, the kids (Livie, Matty, Nathan) and I were treated to a very special evening with my mom. My sister and her oldest boy (Jacob) were able to join in on the fun as well. David was "Super Daddy", staying home with a sick baby Derek (I love you David!). We started the night with dinner at Chili's Restaurant near Arco Arena. My kids enjoyed their favorites (Olivia loves corn dogs, Matty really enjoys quesedillas lately, and Nathan is all about the macaroni & cheese). After they inhaled their food, we all piled into my van and drove through the rain to Disney on Ice. The kids were so excited and so cute. Nathan and my nephew Jacob were dressed in their Buzz Lightyear costumes from last Halloween and Olivia wore a beautiful princess dress. Matty resisted dressing up, but he did settle on wearing his Buzz Lightyear t-shirt. Nathan and Jacob are at the age (3 1/2) where they were waving to all of the characters and asking millions of questions. Olivia liked the music and the princesses. Matty was into the fight scenes with "Gaston" and the "Beast" and the battle scene from "Mulan" (typical for Matty). The show really did have lots for all the kids to enjoy. It was fun to be out with the "older" kids, but the first thing Olivia said in the car on our drive home was, "I wish Daddy and Derek could have been there with us." I am so thankful she loves her daddy and her brothers as much as she does. I am also thankful for my mom for planning this fun night out for all of us. I really needed to get out and have fun with my kids that week. GRANDMAS TRULY ARE THE BEST!!
Grandma Lynnie with 4 of her "Little Sweeties"

Buzz Lightyear Buddies
Jacob & Nathan


We had a blast together!

Love these guys!